The LYRASIS Nominating Committee is pleased to invite you to submit names of qualified candidates to be considered for the FY 2016/17 LYRASIS Board of Trustees.
The Nominating Committee will recommend two member candidates for each one of the following open positions for the FY 2016/2017 ballot:
- One (1) representative from a LYRASIS member state library or group agent
- One (1) representative from a LYRASIS member public library
- One (1) representative from a LYRASIS member academic research library (may be an archivist or museum professional)
- One (1) representative from a LYRASIS special library (may be an archivist or museum professional)
- One (1) at-large representative from any type of LYRASIS member institution (may be an archivist or museum professional)
All potential member candidates must:
- be employed by an institution that is a current LYRASIS member;
- have demonstrated skills relevant to the LYRASIS Board, such as leadership, knowledge of cooperatives and the library environment, ability to engage constituents and business expertise;
- be able to travel to attend three one-day Board meetings per year as well as a two-day annual retreat; and be able to serve on Board Committees.
In addition to elected member Trustees, the Board seeks to appoint one new Trustee from a non-member organization to bring external expertise to Board operations. The Board welcomes recommendations from the membership for this position as well as member candidates.
To assist the Committee in evaluating potential candidates, please provide all requested information via:Board Nomination Form
If you are nominating another person, please obtain permission from that individual before submitting his or her name for consideration.
The Committee requests your nominations no later than December 20th.
The LYRASIS Nominating Committee will review submissions, make selections and announce the selected slate of candidates in early 2016 for the spring Board election.
If you have questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact me.
LYRASIS Board Nominating Committee Chair
Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners