Lyrasis Catalyst Fund: Supporting Community-Driven Initiatives and Community Impact programs
Lyrasis invites and encourages Lyrasis Public Library members to submit proposals and ideas for the Catalyst Fund. The Catalyst Fund provides financial support for new ideas and innovative projects from the Lyrasis membership. Initiated by the Lyrasis Leaders Circle in 2016, the Fund expands opportunities to share expertise and collaborate on innovations with potential for community-wide impact. The amount of funds available changes from year-to-year, the average award last year was approximately $31,000 per project.
This year, we are hoping to increase our application pool from the public library sector by changing our theme. We’re accepting proposals on a thematic track where Public Libraries have led the way—applications focused specifically in the areas of community driven projects and projects having community impact, and the remainder of the funds will be used to fund projects that might have very different conceptual approaches around the idea of “what it means to innovate,” in today’s world.
Applications for the Catalyst Fund will be accepted through midnight EST on February 24, 2023. Members are encouraged to discuss their proposed concept with Catalyst Fund staff prior to submitting a brief online application form and two-page PDF describing their proposal or idea.
Please review criteria and MORE INFORMATION before submitting.
- All prospective applicants should consider discussing their proposed concept with Catalyst Fund staff prior to submitting a proposal. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
- Review the Instructions for Proposals.
- Create your proposal. Use this template (MS Word format) to create your application. Your final proposal will need to be formatted as a PDF.
- When you are ready, submit your proposal.
Although the submission process is the same, idea application questions are different from proposals.
- All prospective applicants should consider discussing their proposed concept with Catalyst Fund staff prior to submitting an ‘Idea’. Contact email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
- Review the Instructions for Ideas.
- Describe your idea. Use the template linked below (MS Word format) to create your own document using the same outline. Your final proposal will need to be formatted as a PDF.
- When you are ready, submit your idea.
For more information:
- Review Catalyst Fund: The Application Process & Overview Webinar recording.
- To discuss your proposal and/or idea with Leigh Grinstead, Catalyst Fund Program Lead and Tanya Diggs, Lyrasis Grants Administrator Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting today.
Please note: any Lyrasis member may apply. This blog post is for our Public Library members.