Be a Part of the Discussion – and Action – at the LYRASIS Member Summit Hilton, Downtown Atlanta
We’re excited to hold our first ever LYRASIS Member Summit, an in-person event that is an extension of our previous eGathering annual member meetings. This year we want to come together as a group to facilitate critical discussion, learning and problem solving about Content, Services and Software near the LYRASIS headquarters in downtown Atlanta.
This summit will continue the discussions stemming from recent Leaders Forums where we met with over 200 librarians, archivist and museum professionals in 12 cities across the nation to discuss heavy hitting topics concerning our profession.
Our agenda over the course of the Summit will cover 3 topic areas:
- The future of eContent and how this will impact our community;
- A deep dive into Open Source Software with an eye on sustainability and how to be successful with it;
- Digital Services and why looking at this as an end-to-end opportunity is a low risk and fiscally sound way to proceed.
8:30 – 11:30 AM ET Leaders Circle Meeting – Breakfast included
(for Leaders Circle Members only)
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET Registration for all participants
12:00 – 1:00 PM ET Welcome lunch
1:00 PM – 2:00 ET Opening Keynote speaker
2:00 – 3:00 PM ET Roles of Libraries, Archives, Museums in Creating and Sustaining Open Knowledge
3:00 – 4:00 PM ET Panel discussion
- Making Socially Responsible and Strategic Choices
- Issues Around the Digitization of Content
4:00 – 4:45 PM ET Breakout topics in smaller groups
Evening Cocktail hour
8:00 – 9:00 AM ET Day 2 Keynote Speaker-Breakfast included
Open Source Software and Community Supported Software – Sustaining Together
9:00 – 10:00 AM ET Lightning panel discussion
10:00 – 10:30 AM ET Break
10:30 – 11:30 AM ET Open Source Software/Community Supported Software breakout sessions
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM ET Lunch
12:30 – 2:00 PM ET Collaboratively Building a Decision Model for Open Source and Proprietary Software
Speakers and Presentations:
Our summit promises:
- A fast-paced one and a half day meeting
- Expert speakers
- Panel discussions and breakout sessions
- In-person collaboration with your fellow members and leaders in the archives, libraries and museums community.