Announcing the agenda for our first ever LYRASIS Member Summit, an in-person event on October 17th and 18th in Atlanta!
This summit will continue the discussions stemming from recent Leaders Forums where we met with over 200 librarians, archivists and museum professionals in 12 cities across the nation to discuss heavy hitting topics concerning our profession. We hope you can join us!
Our agenda over the course of the Summit will cover 3 topic areas:
- The future of eContent and how this will impact our community;
- A deep dive into Open Source Software with an eye on sustainability and how to be successful with it;
- Digital Services and why looking at this as an end-to-end opportunity is a low risk and fiscally sound way to proceed.
[zilla_tabs] [zilla_tab title=”Monday, October 17″]
8:30 – 11:30 AM ET Leaders Circle Meeting – Breakfast included
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET Registration for all participants
12:00 – 1:00 PM ET Welcome lunch
1:00 PM – 2:00 ET Opening Keynote speaker – Robert Cartolano
2:00 – 3:00 PM ET Roles of Libraries, Archives, Museums in Creating and Sustaining Open Knowledge – Charles Watkinson, University of Michigan
3:00 – 4:00 PM ET Panel discussion
- Making Socially Responsible and Strategic Choices – Tom Rosko, MIT
- Issues Around the Digitization of Content – Peggy Glahn, Reveal Digital
- Importance of Evaluating Use – Lucy Montgomery, Curtin University and Knowledge Unlatched
4:00 – 4:45 PM ET Breakout topics in smaller groups
- Libraries, Museums, and Archives as Publishers
- Sustainable Models for Open Access Content
- Engaging in the Open Knowledge Movement
4:45 – 5:00 PM ET Wrap-up and Closing
Evening Cocktail hour
[/zilla_tab][zilla_tab title=”Tuesday, October 18″]
8:00 – 9:00 AM ET Day 2 Keynote Speaker-Breakfast included
9:00 – 11:30 AM ET Open Source Software and Community Supported Software – Sustaining Together
Lightning panel discussion
- Carol Mandel, Dean of the Division of Libraries at New York University
- Chris Hoffman, Program Director, UC Berkeley’s Research Data Management Program
- Mark Jordan, Head of Library Systems, W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University
- Robert Cartolano, AVP for Digital Programs and Technology Services, Columbia University Libraries /Information Services
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM ET Lunch
12:30 – 2:00 PM ET Digitization Strategies and Technology – New Info and Tools That Will Help You Decide What Software is Right for Your Institution.