Take a closer look at CollectionSpace 6.0–available now!
The LYRASIS CollectionSpace team is delighted to announce the release of CollectionSpace 6.0 with exciting new features and improvements.
CollectionSpace is a community-supported collections management (CMS) solution for museums and other collecting institutions, providing standards-based collections management workflows, robust tools to store and describe a wide variety of digital assets, unlimited user licenses, and a public browser for sharing collections information online. If you are looking for an affordable CMS and are tired of a-la-carte pricing, give CollectionSpace a try.
CollectionSpace 6.0 release highlights include:
- Public Browser: Share collections online with our new public browser. Our plugin works with your existing content management system to provide seamless access to your materials.
- CSV Import Tool: Powerful tool for importing spreadsheet data directly into CollectionSpace.
- Configurable Advanced Search: Craft the perfect search with our improved advanced search, which allows users to add any field to the search form, use an extensive list of operators, and build sophisticated Boolean queries.
- Data Updates: New data update provides a method for merging authority terms – a powerful tool to aid data cleanup.
- Use of Collections: Community-contributed extension to the Use of Collections procedure provides a place for detailed tracking of research visits to the collection – great for academic museums!
- Updates to the Botanical Garden and Herbarium profiles, completing our work to bring all profiles up to date with our new user interface code.
- A full list of updates, upgrades, improvements, and bug fixes can be found on the CSpace wiki. Try out new features and functionality through the demo site, https://core.collectionspace.org.
We would like to thank the Material Order Consortium for their foundational funding and work on the public browser, the University of California at Berkeley for their extension to Use of Collections, and the entire community for their ongoing commitment to supporting the CollectionSpace platform.
Take a look at the CollectionSpace roadmap to learn more about what’s coming next!