February 22, 2022. Following seven years of service, Robert Miller, the Chief Executive Officer of LYRASIS, a leading non-profit member organization serving and supporting libraries, archives, museums, and cultural heritage organizations globally, will be leaving the organization as of June 30, 2022.
Since becoming CEO in 2015, Robert and his team have led LYRASIS through a series of positive transformations, including merging with DuraSpace and acquiring BiblioLabs. This has resulted in growth of existing programs and establishing LYRASIS as a top provider of open source technologies and electronic content to the sector.
“We are grateful to Robert for his many contributions to the health, growth and sustainability of LYRASIS over the past seven years,” said Evviva Weinraub Lajoie, Vice Provost for Libraries at University at Buffalo and LYRASIS Board Chair. “His leadership has created a strong, stable foundation for growth in serving the communities at the core of LYRASIS’ work.”
Among his many accomplishments, Robert and his team have:
- Established strong financial sustainability and growth for LYRASIS;
- Raised the profile of LYRASIS in the open infrastructure space;
- Brought in new funding sources to expand LYRASIS’s imprint as a leading innovator in the field;
- Built a culture of innovation and fostered the values of open culture by launching the Catalyst Fund;
- Supported the community through LYRASIS Learning and other offerings;
- Advanced equitable access to the world’s knowledge and cultural heritage through cross-sector partners including the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
LYRASIS will immediately begin a search for its next Chief Executive Officer. Miller will assist with the transition through the end of June. Please see our FAQ for more information.
LYRASIS is a global, non-profit membership organization whose mission is to support enduring access to the world’s shared academic, scientific, and cultural heritage through leadership in open technologies, content services, digital solutions, and collaboration with archives, libraries, museums, and knowledge communities worldwide. LYRASIS organizational and staff values are communication, respect, collaboration, impact, and service. To learn more, visit www.lyrasis.org.