The Nominating Committee of the LYRASIS Board of Trustees is pleased to invite you to submit names of qualified candidates to be considered for the FY 2018/19 LYRASIS Board of Trustees. The open positions are:
- One (1) elected public library member
- One (1) elected cultural heritage institution member
- Two (2) appointed members
The Nominating Committee will recommend one-member candidate for each of the open elected positions for the FY 2018/19 ballot. As amended and approved on April 4, 2017, Elected Trustees: are elected by the Members, and shall represent Member institutions. The term is for 3 years.
The Nominating Committee will recommend two appointed candidates for the FY 2018/2019 Board. Appointed Trustees: shall be appointed by the Board, and may represent Member institutions of any of the above types, or non-Member institutions, or be unaffiliated. The term is for 3 years.
All potential member and/or appointed candidates must:
- Be recognized as an expert in a field directly relevant to LYRASIS, or have professional networks or other relevant resources substantial enough to ensure that said person can help LYRASIS meet its strategic goals and mission.
- Attend three one-day Board meetings per year as well as a two-day annual retreat; and be able to serve on Board Committees.
- Demonstrate skills relevant to the LYRASIS Board, such as leadership, knowledge or content environment, ability to engage constituents and business expertise.
- Have an influence on and/or implement relevant policies within the archive, library (academic, public, or state), museum, and heritage communities.
- Help to build outreach and membership impact to help increase each member’s individual and cumulative effect on their respective communities.
To help the Committee in evaluating potential candidates, please submit all requested information through the Board Nomination Form: Click Here. If you are nominating another person, please obtain permission from that individual before submitting his or her name for consideration.Board Nomination Form
The Committee requests your nominations no later than March 30, 2018.
The LYRASIS Nominating Committee will review submissions, make selections and announce the selected slate of candidates for the spring Board election in early May 2018.
If you have questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact Kathlin Ray by email.