Are you ready to implement and need some assistance? Would an additional set of hands help to guide you through the planning process? Is there a project you have in mind that would build capacity in your community around CollectionSpace? Are you looking to use CollectionSpace but don’t have access to a technical team?
Grants of up to $7,500 for single institutions/collections and up to $25,000 for collaborations amongst organizations and/or collections are now available.
Activities eligible for funding include
- Data migration
- Set-up costs for subcontracted or externally hosted installations
- Developing local capacity, either within an organization or through a service provider, for installation, configuration, and/or migration
- Software development to enhance CollectionSpace to meet local needs, with code and other documentation contributed to the full CollectionSpace community for adoption by others
- For collaborations, building the shared framework of multi-institutional, or multi-collection implementations
- Have another idea? Ask us if it could be eligible!
- Grants will be made only to organizations, not to individuals.
- Recipients must become members of CollectionSpace within the grant period (October 2015 – June 2016). See also: CollectionSpace Membership.
- Your organization must have recently implemented (and this project represents an expansion of that work); begun the process of implementing (and this project represents the completion of that work), or you want to implement and can commit to completing your implementation of CollectionSpace within the grant period (October 2015 – June 2016)
Furthermore, you can use these grant funds toward your hosted service and implementation of CollectionSpace with LYRASIS. Ask us how.
For years, museums and cultural heritage organizations have been working overtime to manage their valued collections. Working together, the CollectionSpace community is building a new solution for collections-holding institutions that is efficient, customizable, and affordable. For many, CollectionSpace represents a paradigm shift in collections management technology, allowing users to create a stable, authoritative, and flexible core of collections information from which interpretive materials and experiences – from printed catalogs and mobile gallery guides to research platforms – may be created. As an open-source project, CollectionSpace not only offers a top of field solution for collections-holding institutions, but also a community of users and developers who are collaborating to make the software work better for everyone. These grants are an excellent opportunity to join our community and kick-start your collections management project.
LYRASIS, in our continued effort to identify and support community-source software and solutions, serves as the organizational home for CollectionSpace and is a registered service provider offering hosting and more.
For more information about the grant, CollectionSpace, and LYRASIS Hosting, please contact email@example.com
Please visit the CollectionSpace website for an extensive FAQ, online sandbox, and more, http://www.collectionspace.org/.
For information on LYRASIS CollectionSpace Hosting and options, http://www.lyrasis.org/LYRASIS%20Digital/Pages/CollectionSpace.aspx
Apply for the mini-grant by reading the guidelines and completing the web form, http://www.collectionspace.org/grant-opportunities/.